World renowned London College of Fashion (LCF), the only college in the UK to specialize in fashion education, research and consultancy, is coming to the UAE to offer aspiring fashion lovers the chance to study with some of its top lecturers.
Starting on May 22nd 2010 and running until May 26th 2010 LCF is offering 9 different short courses:
- Introduction to Fashion Journalism, (a three day course)
- Fashion Buying and Merchandising, (a five day course)
- Principles of Personal Fashion Styling, (a five day course)
- Luxury Brand Management and Product Design, (a five day course)
- On-Line Fashion Marketing, (a one day course)
- Introduction to Fashion Marketing, (a three day course)
- The Power of Visual Merchandising, (a one day course)
- The Business of Fashion: An Industry Overview, (a one day course)
- Starting your Own Fashion Label (a three day course)
“The Middle East has a history steeped in artistic expression through mediums such as poetry and painting, and is now associated with some internationally known Arab designers such as Elie Saab, Zuhair Murad and Bodyamr. We want to offer potential students a range of short courses that are already running with great success in the UK to provide some of the most important tools in the fashion industry, as well as give individuals working within the fashion industry the opportunity to hone their skills further,” said Linda Roberts, Senior Business Manager at London College of Fashion.
LCF lecturers, each already known for their leading positions within the fashion industry, will be coming to Dubai to teach the courses, which will be the same as those conducted in the UK, with the students being fully supported by the college. They will get a Certificate of Attendance from LCF at the end of the course.
To find detailed descriptions of each course and how to enroll please visit this site.
Take advantage of the early bird booking discount! Sign-up by Friday 30th April 2010 and receive a 25% discount on the regular course fees. From 1st May the fees will revert to the regular levels on the website.
I think this is a fantastic opportunity for any fashion ambitious individual to get their first step into the industry. What better way than LCF? Our editor Reem is a recent graduate, joining many such as Stella McCartney & Jimmy Choo. Hurry and get your places now!!